Thursday, June 23, 2016

Bobcat Finished

Looking Backwards ...
Finally finished the bobcat today.  After painting it the first time, it just did not look natural in there, so I found another photo of one and repainted it in a completely different position.  Had to make up the light a bit as the light was coming from another direction, but I'm happy with it now.

Florida bobcat

Finished most of the corrections since my last posting, and also added spider lilies in back of the bobcat.  Had to paint them rather primitively as they did not show up at a distance of 12', as that's the distance the painting will be viewed from up over an entryway.  The gallery-wrapped edges are also finished.  Need to smooth out the sky color and water color/ripples, add some dead or drooping palm fronds on the palms, and it will be basically done.  The new owners will come and add their edits hopefully this weekend, which I will finish asap and then my friend Greg Hills will help me deliver it with his big van.

For now, I'll turn in and look forward to seeing it afresh and in brighter natural light tomorrow morning.

Adios amante del arte!
Judy Burgarella
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment